Personal Effects Shipments
Personal goods relate to a range of shipment from a single gift item to the entire unaccompanied baggage involved in a transfer of residence. Shiva Global has developed a unique reputation for efficient, timely, and cost-effective solutions for moving personal goods. The following tips will assist you in ensuring a safe and trouble free Relocation of your goods to their desired location.
The Shipping charges by air are depends upon:-
- Point of origin and destination
- How soon you want you goods at destination
- Specific Airline Choice
- Size of individual box/pallet/crate
- Gross weight. The chargeable gross weight is the higher of the actual weight (from scale) and volume weight; the volume weight is determined by Length x Width x Height (in inches) divided by 366 (in Kgs)
- The charges are always billed on the Final Chargeable Weight
- In most of the cases, It is highly recommended to ship your goods via Air, when
- You have less than 100 kgs/220 lbs (cubic or gross weight)
- You need shipment urgently
- Destination is not a Sea Port but an Inland Point
- Procedure at Destination
When shipment arrives at destination, you are intimated by airlines about the arrival of shipment and you can approach their office to proceed for claiming your shipment. There might be some Airport charges and Airlines handling fee payable at destination airport. This fee can vary depending upon weight but normally should be approx US$50/75. Beside this you have to get your shipment cleared through customs and arrange transportation from airport to your door. In process of clearance, any duties or taxes payable at destination shall be paid as per applicable tariff of the country where goods are imported.
If you have not been quoted for destination services, feel free to ask your sales representative at Worldwide Shipping for a complete door to door package including destination services.
While packing your shipment
Each box/carton must be properly packed & marked with number, your name & destination address before you hand over to us.
We must get a packing list from you stating what is there in each carton and if you are looking to insure, your shipment we will require a breakdown value for each item in the box. You don’t have to be detail about listing items. For example if you have books, you can simply state BOOKS. If you have tools, just specify TOOLS. But value must be mentioned separately for Books as well Tools even though they are packed in same box.
Suitcases are allowed but we prefer to move them in boxes. If possible, kindly pack them in cartons or if there is no choice than make sure that there are no any fragile stuff in Suitcases.
Shippers who are exporting/shipping their personal goods can’t be qualified as known shippers. This delays their cargo by 2-7 days due to security screening. Airlines/customs/Shiva Global Relocation (I) Pvt Ltd have full authority to detect any restricted articles/harmful contents and ensure safety.
Documents required for Air Import Shipment :-
- Air Way Bill
- Packing list
- Passport copy (1st & Last page)
- BD form (1 copy)
- Authority letter for customs clearance
- Authority letter for Delivery Order
Important Note :- Original passport will be required at the time of clearance for all the baggage shipments.
Personal goods relate to a range of shipment from a single gift item to the entire unaccompanied baggage involved in a transfer of residence. Shiva Global Relocation (I) Pvt Ltd has developed a unique reputation for efficient, timely, and cost-effective solutions for moving personal goods. The following tips will assist you in ensuring a safe and trouble free Relocation of your goods to their desired location.
Following are some of the variables that determine the cost of ocean shipping:-
- Place of origin and destination of the cargo to be shipped
- Size of shipping – volume here plays a major and weights a minor role
- Type of goods – for example, Piano, Marble or Glass Table, Large Statutes, Oil Painting, antique furniture, musical instrumental, Large LCD/Plasma all this require special handling and are subject to extra charges.
We provide two types of services to minimize your cost of shipping:
LCL (Less than full container load)
- The cost is based on volume (Cubic feet) in this service; we consolidate your shipment along with multiple customers in a 40-foot container and in result we pass savings to our customer.
- If the total volume of your cargo is more than 700 cuft, than it might be breakeven to ship same in a 20′ container or if you are in no rush and want to save some money, than the same can be consolidated in our own 40 foot container.
- Charges for loading into a container are included in the price quoted for shipping.
- Final shipping charges are based on the exterior dimensions of the box, carton, pallet or crate. Charges are based on the shipment being delivered to our freight station; a pick-up from any place can be arranged at an additional cost. If you are shipping loose cartons, especially 10/12 boxes. They should prefer palletized. Highly valued, furniture, bulky and fragile items can also be palletized in our warehouse with very nominal cost.
- We also consider some Inland points as Port. These Inland points are far from the Sea Ports but since these points have Customs office for exports or imports, we consider them as Port. For example: Kanpur, Jaipur, Ludhiana, New Delhi, Hyderabad and Bangalore in India
- In most of the cases, It is highly recommended to ship your goods via Sea as LCL, when
- You have more than 500/600 lbs approx 35 cft/1 cbm
- You can wait for the transit time quoted
Procedure at Destination:-
When shipment arrives at destination, you are intimated by our agent or Steamship lines agent about the arrival of shipment and you can approach their office to proceed for claiming your shipment. There might be some terminal charges and agents handling fee payable at destination.
You also are required to get your shipment cleared through customs and arrange transportation from port to your door. In process of clearance, any duties or taxes payable at destination shall be paid as per applicable tariff of the country where goods are imported.
If you have not been quoted for destination services, feel free to ask your sales representative at Shiva Global Relocation (I) Pvt Ltd for a complete package of destination services.
Requirement if you are packing/marking/preparing list of contents
- Each box/carton must be properly packed & marked with number, your name & your origin address before you hand over to us.
- At the time of booking the shipment you will get Contract Number, and this number must be labeled on each box/carton for identification purpose.
- We must get a packing list from you stating what is there in each carton and if you are buying insurance, we will require you to breakdown value for each item in the box. You don’t have to be detail about listing items. For example if you have books, you can simply state BOOKS. If you have tools, just specify TOOLS. But value must be mentioned separately for Books as well Tools even though they are packed in same box.
- Suitcases are allowed. Make sure that there is no fragile stuff in Suitcases.
FCL (Full Container Load):- Refer to boxes for specifications for container
- Container can be trucked/drayed to your house/storage/loading area. Usually trucker who brings container to your premises, allow 2 hours free time and thereafter a waiting fee is charged. Alternatively, trucker can leave container for upto 7 days at your premises, also at an additional cost. This allows you enough time to load/supervise loading. IN EITHER CASE, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO VERIFY THAT IT’S OK TO PARK CONTAINER FOR WHATEVER TIME YOU NEED. THIS IS NORMALLY VERIFIED THROUGH YOUR CITY OFFICE. YOU CAN ALSO GET PERMIT (IF REQUIRED) TO HAVE CONTAINER SIT FOR THE REQUIRED TIME.
- The container is always attached to chassis, which makes the height approximately 4′ from the ground. There is NO RAMP attached to the chassis
- Oversized cargo can be accommodated on special sized equipment, e.g., open top and flat rack containers.
- Usually 2-3 Bedroom house can fit into a 20′ container whereas 4-6 Bedroom house can accommodate in a 40′.
- If you are shipping an automobile with your personal goods, it can be loaded in the same container with personal goods.
- You can arrange packing & loading on your own & if you wish Shiva Global Relocation for the option on packing either partial or full.
- Services like: Packing / Loading / Unloading / Setup / Removal of debris/ Documentations at origin & destination Customs Clearance / Examination Delivery to your residence.
Documents required for Sea Export Shipment :-
- Transfer letter/Transfer Order
- Visa copy
- Passport copy (1st & Last page)
- Ticket copy
- 6 BD form
- Authority letter for customs clearance
- Packing list
Documents required for Sea Import Shipment:-
- Bill of Lading original or sea way bill/Telex release
- Copy of Packing list
- Passport copy (1st & Last Page)
- 1 BD form
- Authority letter for customs clearance import shipment
Important Note: Original passport will be required at the time of Import baggage shipment clearance.
Personal Effects and Electronics
BRIEF INFORMATION OF CUSTOM REGULATIONS ON IMPORT OF GOODS IN TO INDIA AS BAGGAGE.
- DUTY FREE ALLOWANCE ON ARRIVAL
- ALLOWANCE FOR PERSON TRANSFERRING THEIR RESIDENCE (T.R)
- IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION & SHIPMENT INFORMATION
DUTY FREE ALLOWANCE ON ARRIVAL
All Persons are entitled Duty Free Allowance for USED personal effects, excluding Jewellery, required for satisfying daily necessities of life. Though there is no value limit, however, the items should be in reasonable quantities.
One Laptop Computer, 200 Cigarettes or 50 Cigars or 50 Grams Tobacco, Alcoholic liquor or Wine up to two liters and NEW articles up to value limit of Rs.25,000/- (apprx.US$ 550) are also allowed under Duty Free Allowance, only if these are carried on the person or in accompanied baggage. This allowance will not be extended in un-accompanied baggage. Goods (excluding Liquor) in excess of permissible allowance will be charged Duty @ 35% and for Liquor apprx.200%.
ADDITIONAL ALLOWANCE [MINI T.R.]: Indian National returning after stay abroad of not less than 365 days during preceding 2 years on termination of work are allowed to bring Used Household Articles and Personal Effects Free of Duty up to value limit of Rs.75000/- (approx.US$ 1600) conditionally that the goods have been in the possession and use abroad by the passenger or his family for at least six months and who has also not availed this concession in the preceding three years.
ALLOWANCE FOR PERSON TRANSFERRING THEIR RESIDENCE (T.R)
Person (including minor) transferring their residence to India after stay abroad of not less than two years are allowed to bring their USED Personal & Household Goods (excluding electronics) Free of Duty without any value restriction. Condition applies that, for Indian National total stay in India on short visit during preceding 2 years should not exceed 6 months and Foreign National must have VISA of not less than One year. In addition they should have not availed this concession during preceding three years.
Custom Duty under T.R.
Only used Household Goods will be released Free of Duty without any value limit except each of the specified electronic items mentioned in Table 1 , irrespective of New or Old, will be released on concession Duty@ 15%. However each of the electronic items mentioned in Table 2 irrespective of New or Old is free of duty, but both Table 1 & 2 has been restricted together up to value limit of Rs: 5, 00,000/-(Rupees Five Lakhs) [approx. US$ 10500]
New Household Goods (other than electronic of Table 1 & 2) & repeated unit of the same item mentioned in Table 1 & 2 will be charged duty @ 35%.
Table – 1
(01) DVD Player
(02) Video Home Theatre System
(03) Dish Washer
(04) Music System
(05) Air -Conditioner
(06) Deep Freezer
(07) Micro Oven
(08) Video Camera
(09) Word Processor
(10) Fax Machine
(11) Portable Photocopier
(12) Refrigerator above 300 Liters.
(13) Key board
Please note: Television & Piano will be released on duty @35%, whether it is new or old.
Table – 2
(01) Personal Computer
(02) Laptop Computer
(03) Washing Machine
(04) Cooking Range (Gas or Electric)
(05) Refrigerator below 300 Liters.
(08) Golf set
(09) Cricket Kit
Following items are also permitted under T.R. with certain restriction and rate of duty :
- Gold in any form (excluding ornaments studded with stones and pearls) restricted up to 10 kg will be allowed only to Indian passport holder or Indian Origin with moderate duty @ Rs.250/- per 10 grams payable in foreign exchange.
- Silver in any form (excluding ornaments studded with stones and pearls) restricted up to 100 kgs. will be allowed only to Indian passport holder or Indian Origin with moderate duty @ Rs.500/- per Kg. payable in foreign exchange.
- Liquor/Wine/Beverages with reasonable quantity satisfying to the custom authority will be charged duty ranges from 160% to 260%.
- One Fire Arm (including air gun) and cartridges not exceeding 50 nos. is allowed under T.R. subject to the condition that the same was in the possession and used abroad for a minimum period of 1 year and after clearance shall not be loaned, transferred or otherwise parted with consideration during the life time. During clearance N.O.C. from Indian Fire Arm Police Department also required. Duty will be charged @100%.
- Textiles with reasonable quantity satisfying to the custom authority will be charged duty @ 35%.
- Jewellery is allowed under T.R Free of Duty up to value limit of INR Ten thousand (apprx.US$ 225) for Male passenger and INR Twenty Thousand (apprx.US$ 450) for Female passenger.
- Food Stuff & Provision are allowed to Foreign Nationals Free of Duty up to value limit of Indian Rupees One Lakh (approx. US$ 2000).
- One Used Motor Vehicle is also permitted under T.R. on payment of custom duty @162% on depreciated value, provided the vehicle has been in the possession of the individual for minimum period of 1 year abroad and also the vehicle should have Compulsorily Right Hand Steering. The vehicle cannot be sold for the period of two years from the date of clearance. Further please note that NEW vehicle is not permitted under T.R., Valuation of vehicle will be considered on Manufacturer Year Price List and Depreciation on vehicle will work out as per the prescribed chart of custom.
- The Un-accompanied Baggage should be in the possession of owner before dispatched and same to be shipped within one month of arrival in India.
- Original Passport is compulsory required for T.R. clearance but for Custom Inspection Personal presence is not required compulsory can managed on authority duly notarized.
- There is No restriction to stay in India after granting T.R. Facility.
Documents required for clearance :
- Passport in Original
- Original Bill of Lading
- Packing Inventory
- Custom Declaration (will be provided by us) duly filled & signed by owner
- Affidavit (as per format provided by us) duly notarized for ‘No Sale Bond’ of vehicle for the period of two years. (for vehicle clearance)
- Original Vehicle (Foreign) Registration / Title (for vehicle clearance)
If you need any further assistance on the above requirements, then feel free to contact us.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTION & SHIPMENT INFORMATION :
- Lift Vans & Pallets must be MARKED as owners name C/o. “SHIVA GLOBAL RELOCATION (I) PVT LTD” and Address.
- Shipping documents Bill of Lading/AWB must be DECLARED as “USED PERSONAL AND HOUSEHOLD GOODS” and must be made to the Owner name C/o. “SHIVA GLOBAL RELOCATION (I) PVT LTD and address.
- Documents for Sea Shipment must reach us ten days in advance of arrival of the Vessel and Air shipment as per pre arrangement & information. The same is required for processing in advance to avoid demurrage/detention.
- To avoid the chances of pilferage, theft, damages and monsoon effects, we highly recommend the goods to be put into lift vans.
- We recommend all appliances to be loaded in one lift van and a separate descriptive inventory as per lift van will help us to facilitate custom clearance.
- For security reason removal of loaded container is not permitted at most of POE in India, hence shipment will be delivered, after de-stuffing in Port limit, either in L/Vans or Loose as the case may be in our Trucks/Vans.
- Shipment of Household Goods must be done within 30 days of arrival of the owner into India or otherwise delay can be disapproved by the customs without documentary evidence.
- Since ICD facilities are now available in most of the city of India, shipment should be made up to final destination or the nearby ICD to avoid inconvenience and increase in cost to the owner.
- To avoid heavy consolidated/NVOCC charges, we recommend you to book your shipment directly with Liner Shipping Line.
- For Automobiles secondhand vehicle is not permitted to import at certain port of entry in India hence you can clarify the same with us before shipment.
- Motor vehicle shipment can be effected within 6 months from the date of arrival of owner.
Cars and Motor Cycles
MOTOR VEHICLES INTO INDIA (OTHER THAN TWO AND THREE WHEELER) ARE ALLOWED ONLY WITH RIGHT- HAND STEERING AND CONTROLS
Import of Secondhand as well as New Car such as passenger Car / Jeeps / Multi Utility Cars, etc., presently in restricted category may be imported into India on payment of full Custom duty by the following categories of the importers:
- Individuals coming to India for permanent settlement after two years continuous stay abroad;
- Resident Indian presented with a car as an award in any international event/match/competition;
- Legal heirs/successors of deceased relatives residing abroad;
- Physically handicapped person :, shall be entitled to import only specially designed vehicles suitable for use by handicapped.
- Companies incorporated in India having foreign equity participation;
- Branches/Offices of foreign firms;
- Charitable/Missionary/Religious institutions, registered as per the law approved by the Central or State Government.
- Honorary Consuls of Foreign countries on the recommendation of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India;
- Journalists/Correspondents of foreign news agencies having accreditation certificate with the Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India;
Above categories of import are restricted with following conditions :
- Category (a) to (d) and (g) to (i) are entitled to import of only one vehicle whereas categories (e) & (f) which are entitled to import of three vehicles.
- All categories shall carry a “NO SALE” condition of two years which shall be endorsed by the Custom Authorities on the Passport/Registration documents at the time of import and by the Regional Transport Authorities when such vehicles are presented for registration in India.
- All such imports, except by the physical handicapped person, shall not Involve any foreign exchange remittance from India directly or indirectly.
- The import of vehicle by foreign diplomats or other privileged persons in this category who are exempt from payment of custom duty. However such imported vehicle cannot be sold in India except to another diplomat or privileged person and are compulsorily required to be re-exported.
- Secondhand vehicle is not permitted to import at certain port of entry in India hence you can clarify the same with us before shipment and Motor Vehicle should land in India within 6 months from the date of arrival of owner.
CUSTOM DUTY RATES ON MOTOR VEHICLE in Total
- Secondhand Vehicle – @ 162 %
- New Vehicle – @ 109%
- Secondhand Motor Cycle – @ 145 %
- New Motor Cycle – @ 95%
DEPRECIATION FOR MOTOR VEHICLE :
Depreciation on secondhand vehicle is calculated from the date of First Registration of the vehicle to the date of shipment or the date of departure of passenger from the respective country, whichever is earlier.
@ 4.0% per Quarter in the 1st year Total = 16%
@ 3.0% per Quarter in the 2nd year Total = 12%
@ 2.5% per Quarter in the 3rd year Total = 10%
@ 2.0% per Quarter in the 4th year Total = 8%
@ 2.0% per Quarter in the 5th year Total = 8%
@ 2.0% per Quarter in the 6th year Total = 8%
@ 2.0% per Quarter in the 7th year Total = 8%
Max. = 70%
Document required for clearance :
- Passport in Original
- Insurance Policy
- Foreign Registration/Title for Secondhand Car OR manufacturing invoice for new car.
- Import Declaration (will be provided by us) duly filled & signed by owner.
- Affidavit (as per format provided by us) duly notarized for “NO SALE” Bond for two years.
THE DETAILED INFORMATION ON ABOVE IMPORT INTO INDIA IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE. CONTACT US THROUGH EMAIL/FAX.
Pet Import Regulations in India
Import of pets such as dogs, cats, and birds into India are governed by stringent health certificate regulations.
Only two pets (dogs and cats only) per passenger are allowed at a time subject to
- The production of the required health certificate from the country of origin, AND
- Examination of the said pets by the concerned quarantine officer.
Imports of pets above this quantity shall be allowed only on the production of
- An Import sanitary permit issued by the department of animal husbandry and dairying, OR
- An import licence issued by the DGFT.
The following health certificates need to be produced before the customs authorities for clearance of pets :
- A health certificate from a veterinary officer, authorised to issue a valid certificate by the Government, in the country of origin stating that the dog imported is free from Aujossky’s disease, Distemper, Rabies, Leishmaoiasis, and Leptospirosis. In the case of a cat, the certificate must state that it is free from Rabies and Distemper.
- In the case of import of dogs and cats originating from countries where Rabies infection is known to exist, a health certificate containing a record of vaccination, vaccine used, brew of the vaccine, and the name of the production laboratory stating that the dog/cat was vaccinated against Rabies more than one month, but within 12 months prior to actual embarkation with nervous tissue vaccine or within 36 months with chicken embryo, both the vaccines having previously passed satisfactory potency tests.
- In the case of parrots, a certificate, stating that the parrots were subjected to a compliment fixation test for psittaposis with negative results within 30 days prior to actual embarkation.
Every pet shall be identified with the help of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used must comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785. If the microchip does not meet this standard, the pet will have to be sent with its own scanner attached to the top of the crate.
Also, all pets must have an original Rabies Certificate which must state the microchip number, the date of immunization, and the validity of the vaccination. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine.
Please contact us for more detailed information and counselling regarding safe pet transfer prior to shipping.